Other Retro Pages
Exercise Tips From Hanoi Jane Fonda
- Try exercising with someone else.
- Work out to music at least three times a week, for 20 to 40 minutes, without interruption.
- Try to set up a regular time to exercise.
- Use an exercise pad, towel or blanket for floor work.
- Never eat before exercising (during the digestive process, your blood will be diverted from carrying oxygen to your muscles).
- Warm up before exercising.
- "A good exercise program," she summarizes, "should involve endurance, heart-strengthening exercises and stretching. The object is not to get thin, but to tone your body." FAMILY WEEKLY. February 21,1982
"Women shouldn't base their lives on worrying about the shape of their bodies — ' a lot. They shouldn't have to worry about how they look — a lot." The ever consistent Hanoi Jane, about a decade earlier.
- Diet Coke introduced in 1982
RETRO-SPECTIVE THE DECADES PAST
1980s Diets And Weight Loss
The 1980s is when the dieting industry really took off! Sure there
have been diet aids around forever, but the 1980s saw another change
that catapulted dieting into the stratosphere!
Women were entering the workforce full time and in full force! The
home cooked meal was going the way of the horse and buggy; quaint, but
not really practical when you are in a hurry.
Real Estate was also booming, people were moving to the suburbs, and
city planners suffered from a mysterious disease called "Bigfatbuttimous
encephalitis", which caused them to forgo sidewalks and put everything
just far enough away that you had to drive...
Detroit, sensing an opportunity, obliged with ever larger automobiles
to accommodate the expanding American derrière.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Tell us at the retro housewife hotline!
Other Diet Decades
Some 1980s Diets
- Bran Diet, The
- Rapid Loss Capsule Diet Program, The
- Rice Diet, The