Other Retro Pages
The Retro Housewife Book Club!
Hi All, There are many great books around dealing with topics of
interest to Retro Housewives, so when time permits, I try to grab a few
moments of each day to read some of them. I will write my thoughts and
comments on the books and articles here in this section. If you know of
a good book that you think others may enjoy or benefit from, I would
love to hear from you.
- Review of Writing Home - By Cindy La Ferle
- Behind The Green Mask - UN Agenda 21 by Rosa Koire
- Buffalo Unbound by Laura Pedersen
- Dial Emmy for Murder by Eileen Davidson
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- The House of The Spirits by Isabelle Allende
- Wife Dressing - The Fine Art Of Being A Well-Dressed Wife by Anne Fogarty
Books Recommended by Readers
From Lynne, of Burke, Virginia: "I have a great book
recommendation: "Your Money or Your Life" by Joe
Dominguez and Vicki Robin. It gets back to the basics and
living with what you have. Great read and it has a downloadable
workbook on the internet."
READ ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY? RECOMMEND A BOOK!
Word of the Day:
- laudatory - November 26, 2011
- (adjective) giving praise.
Retro Housewife Library
Next on my list:
"To Hell With All That: Loving and Loathing Our Inner Housewife"
I heard about this book from Ms. La Ferle, got curious and did a Google
on Ms. Flanagan, who it seems has started an uproar amongst the literary
feminist crowd. I am ordering the book and will tell you what I
In the meantime, here is what some others are saying about