Other Retro Pages
RECIPES FROM THE RETRO HOUSEWIFE
CAKE BROWNIES, American
This luscious chocolate brownie with fudge icing is a free (limited time) preview from Wilton's brand new "Brownie Fun!" book of recipes and fun food crafting projects.
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¾cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Wilton® Clear Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8" X 2" or 9" X 2" square pan with
vegetable pan spray or Bake Easy! Non-Stick Spray.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In small microwave
safe bowl, melt chocolate; let cool slightly. In large bowl, beat butter and
sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and
melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in flour mixture by hand; mix until just
combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
almost clean. Cool completely on rack before cutting.
- Brownies shown were decorated with Wilton(R) Brownie Fudge Icing using
tip 2D, garnished with fresh berries, mint or chocolate curls.
Makes about 16 brownies.
Contributed by Wilton Industries from the book ''Brownie Fun!'', 2009
HAVE A COMMENT, QUESTION OR RECIPE OF YOUR OWN?
Send it in!
I would like to thank Newspaperarchive for putting together such a fabulous service, and placing our Nation's history right at our fingertips. Many of these wonderful recipes are ones I stumbled upon quite by accident while sleuthing through the decades in my quest to assemble the world of the American housewife. RH
|All American Recipes|
Wilton Perf Pan 8X2 Square
Price: $8.99 at Joann.com
The classic aluminum pans - durable, even-heating and built to hold their shape through years of use.