Other Retro Pages
Warning: include(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /var/www/html/retro-housewife/menuTPL.php on line 136
Warning: include(http://www.nosybeagle.com/scripts/getsimple_0.php?KEY=Omelette&AIDS=3449087,1509572&START=293&DISPLAYNUMBER=3): failed to open stream: Success in /var/www/html/retro-housewife/menuTPL.php on line 136
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://www.nosybeagle.com/scripts/getsimple_0.php?KEY=Omelette&AIDS=3449087,1509572&START=293&DISPLAYNUMBER=3' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/retro-housewife/menuTPL.php on line 136
MENUS AT THE RETRO HOUSEWIFE
Diner (Dinner), French
Learn the best way to serve wine from the experts at MyWinesDirect.
- Bouillon (beef broth) - Made by pouring boiling hot broth over very thin little pieces of bread in a soup tureen, and soup is ladled into the
soup plates at the table.
- Omelette aux pommes de terre - Pour beaten eggs, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper, into a frying pan in which little cubes of potatoes have been frying until done. As the eggs cook, scrape them up with a pancake turner to one half of the frying pan so that when they are done you have a half-moon shaped omelet which
can be slipped onto a platter and garnished with parsley. Cubes of stale bread fried in
butter can be used instead of potatoes) in which case you have an Omelette aux croutons.
- Epinards a la crème. (After cooking spinach in a very small amount of salted water, drain it and chop it fine. Return it to the pan and add a thick white sauce with plenty of butter. Blend well and serve in a shallow dish,)
- Red or white wine
- Choice of French cheeses
- Rice pudding - Rice cooked in milk, a little salt and sugar, than add raisins and flavor with vanilla, or French pastries - such as
éclairs or choux a is crème (cream puffs)
- Black coffee (for adults) followed by a liqueur: Cointreau, cognac, or
crème de cacao, etc.
Notes For Serving
Contributed by Mrs. Suzanne Diamond, 1950
HAVE A MENU OF YOUR OWN? Share!
Here's a Coupon:
Enter coupon code: .
|© Copyright Retro Housewife 2003-2008|