Other Retro Pages
North Augusta Sets Halloween Schedule
Here's a list of tomorrow's activities in North Augusta:
Aiken Standard, October 28th, 1983
- 10 - 10:45 a.m. - Cloggers.
- 11 a.m.-12 noon - Small World Puppets and Clowns
- Noon - Welcome and recognition ceremonies.
- 12:30 - 1 p.m. - North Augusta High School choruses
- 1 - 1:30 p.m. - Mary King Dance Studio.
- 1:30 - 2 p.m. - Blue Grass group, Grace United Methodist Church.
- 2 - 2:30 p.m. - Butler High Stage Band.
- 2:30 p.m. - Big Wheel race for 3-6 year olds.
- 3:00 - Musical, "Wheels," North Augusta Junior High School Chorus.
- 3 - 3:30 p.m. - Frances Stevenson School of Dance.
- 3:30 - 4 p.m. - Margaret Utley, pianist.
- 4 - 4:30 p.m. - Master City doggers.
- 4:30 - 5 p.m. - "A Little Bit of Heaven."
- 5 p.m. - Jack-O'Lantern Jog, a run sponsored by WBBQ Radio and the North Augusta Recreation Department.
Applications are available at the City Recreation Department and at the Chamber of Commerce.
- 7 p.m. - "Monster Mash" street dance, following square dancers and doggers.
HOLIDAYS OVER THE DECADES
HALLOWEEN IN THE 1980s
Hmmm... This is starting to sound a lot like work!
"The high point of Halloween for many children is trick-or-treating and
the Aiken Public Safety Department has offered the following tips to
ensure a night of safe fun: trick-or-treaters should be age 12 or under;
parents should restrict their little "ghosts" to a 9 p.m. curfew due to
the time change on Sunday; homeowners who want to participate in the
festivities should leave their front porch light burning; an adult or
other responsible person should accompany all children; children should
carry flashlights; motorists should drive with extreme care; parents
should inspect all candies and edibles given to children for foreign
objects or tampering; parents should restrict their children to
trick-or-treating in their own neighborhoods or the neighborhoods of
friends." Aiken Standard, October 28th, 1983,
Aiken, South Carolina
1980s Halloween Party
|© Copyright Retro Housewife 2003-2018|